Friday, August 28, 2009

The Pilot

I'm not quite sure what to write here. In fact, I've never been arrogant enough to immortalize my thoughts in digital form. After all, I talk an awful lot and often about absolutely nothing, so when I was coarsed--and when I say coarsed, I mean that when I suggested my innovative idea (yeah right. Maybe in 1992) for a blog and was received with mildly enthused "oh there's an idea" or "I wouldn't mind skimming it," I took that to mean "let me give you a $150,000 advance on your future book, chronicling your European excapades!" Needless to say, if any of my future "fans" fall behind on their subscriptions, I'll understand.

Anyway, I am sitting here still in Minnesota procrastinating all things packing. I am also trying my hardest to turn a blind eye to my mom's laundry list of "Things to Worry About While Traveling Alone." Sorry, mom, I know that you'll be reading this, but don't be offended. What can I say, I'm a last-minuter. I'll probably regret it in the future and then you can say "I told you so," but until that day, I'll probably still leave things to fate.

As I said earlier, I'm really unsure of what to write here. Of course, I could describe my pre-departure feelings, but I'd gag if this turned into something even remotely reminiscent of a pre-teen angst novel. This doesn't mean that I won't over-dramatize close to every awkward, embarrassing, or uncomfortable momemt that crosses me because it's inevitable that I will. It does mean, however, that if I pull a Dorothy and type the words "there's no place like home," dig up some dirt and frame me as a felon (go easy, though. I'm too soft for hard time).

The bottom line is, I only have three and a half months for an opportunity like this. Don't let me waste it.

6 comments:

  1. You have such a way with words :) I am going to miss you Little Lauren. I look forward to reading your blog daily. Please, PRETTY PLEASE, avoid your usual tendencies and take lots of pictures. I would appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no time restrictions for having a blast you set the rules for the next three and a half months these upcoming memories will last a life time now go live them. Let yourself free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read all your over-dramatized stories and adventures, Loeff! And I love that you are referring to your time there as your "European Escapades," because that's what I called my blog. So here's to recording and sharing stories over the World Wide Web... some day our efforts will be immortalized. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thank you all! Sorry that I spelled a few things wrong...ummmm I was in a hurry...yes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lauren..... this will be interesting

    ReplyDelete